Code Of Conduct
North Shore Youth RFC recognize and subscribe to the following code of conduct for age grade rugby and the IRB code of conduct relating to match officials.
Responsibilities of Spectators/Supporters
- Applaud good play by both sides.
- Encourage players to play by the laws of the game.
- Exhort and encourage, do not blame, taunt or abuse players or match officials.
- Promote honesty and fair play.
- Refrain from using improper language to players, coaches, match officials or supporters of the opposing team.
- Show respect to the referee as a person and decision maker.
- Show respect to opposition players and coaches.
- Offer a warm and genuine welcome to visiting supporters.
Responsibilities of Players
- Play for fun and enjoyment and be a good sport.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Know and understand the laws of rugby and adhere to them.
- Maintain self-control on and off the field of play.
- Respect the referee and match officials as people and decision makers.
- Exhort and encourage your team-mates, never blame or abuse them.
- Respect your opponents and treat them honourably and fairly during and after games.
- Cooperate with and support the team coach and accept his decisions.